9.02.2010

It's been a bit cold and rainy all day and all I did was stay inside. I finally finished all the season of weeds and watched Invictus. Weeds, at the end, was not as entertaining when it started. Invictus, on the other hand is what I just needed for a boost. I've been feeling a bit discouraged lately and it was perfect as an inspiration. There were just lines that gave me the chills and the watery eyes. Here's a couple that is by far got me in awe.

This one is just right on the perfect timing, especially of what's been going on here with my life and what's around me lately.

Nelson Mandela: But how do we get them to be better than they think they can be? That is very difficult, I find. Inspiration, perhaps. How do we inspire ourselves to greatness when nothing less will do? How do we inspire everyone around us? I sometimes think it is by using the work of others.

And here's another from a poem by William Ernest Henley. Makes me feel a bit more concrete as to what's been a dismantling of my being.

Nelson Mandela: [reciting Invictus poem] Out of the night that covers me, black as the pit from pole to pole, I thanks whatever gods may be, for my unconquerable soul. In the fell clutch of circumstance, I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of fate, my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears, looms but the horror of the shade, and yet, the menace of the years finds, and shall find me, unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate, how charged with punishment the scroll, I am the master of my fate - I am the captain of my soul.

That's a pretty solid hit right there. Definitely became one of my favorites. When shit has been hitting the fan these past couple of days, there are these constant little reminders that tells me that everything is fine and that there are reasons to smile. Reasons such as that poem, the chirping of the bird in the bush when having a moment of venting to a friend, the harvest of carrots in the garden, and chicken laying eggs right in the front porch. These little constant reminders are what melts the solid, heavy, aching heart. It's what gives the chills and the reason for a big sigh of relief. I thank the God, the universe, or whatever you may call it/him/her to be for these little things. Because at the end, I still do believe, it's really all about these little things that matters no matter how big the situation or preoccupation is. I am glad that I am still aware of all of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment